Topic: The disciplined Heroes and Heroines of Faith
Text: Hebrews 12:5
A.) Introduction and Appreciation:
I want to thank the church pastor the children department, our ministers and leaders and the entire church for the opportunity to stand on the pulpit before you on the occasion of Year 2020 Children’s day to share with you the word of God.
The topic is made up of 3 main words which I will be defining.
- Heroes & Heroines
A punishment to train and maintain control, a set of rules regulating behaviour.
- Heroes & Heroines:
They are males and females that posses great bravery and carry out extraordinary deeds.
Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. (Heb 11:1)
B.) Examples of heroes and heroines of Faith.
He refused to defile himself with the kings meat
He refused to lay with Potiphar’s wife and was sent to prison but became prime minister of Egypt
By her faith liberated the children of Israel by not disclosing her nationality to anyone as commanded by her uncle, Mordecai
Through his faith and discipline, took the gospel of Christ to the Gentiles in spite o opposition and suffering.
Cost of act of heroism
- Hatred from enemies of god and of good things
- Suffering as in the lives of Stephen, Paul, Joseph, ….
- Self discipline
- Pleasure as we saw in the life of Daniel
- Lot of hard work
- Sometimes, it involves risking ones’ life.
Rewards of faith and discipline
- You will be a winner if you continue to the end.
- God will be pleased with you.
- You will enjoy the power and presence of God.
- You will have fulfilment and satisfaction all your life.
- Your life will impact on the generation on which you live.
- Your impact will go beyond your generation and will continue forever.
- At the end of your journey on Earth, you will have a place in the presence of God for ever and ever.
These rewards are worth living and dying for but only disciplined hero of faith can enjoy them. Dear parents, brothers and sisters. how do you want to live your life? Like disciplined heroes heroes and heroines of faith or like ordinary people? the choice is yours. But if you must live like disciplined heroes and heroines faith, you have to emulate their lifestyles of discipline and faith.
The way to become great is through discipline, therefore let us submit ourselves to God’s word and be obedient to him so that we can become the great people that God intends to be.
May the Lord help us to be submissive people so that we can become great.